Thursday, June 03, 2004

 

Dreamin' it old school

So, those of you who know me (okay, all of you reading this) have heard about some of the bizarre dreams that have issued forth from my diseased subconscious. Lately, though, my dreams have, with depressing regularity, involved high school in some way.

At first, they would involve having to go back to school, for some reason. I could never figure out why, but there I'd be, a man in his thirties, suddenly having to worry about getting enough credits without having to drop an extracurricular activity.

I figured it was just residual awkwardness from being the second-oldest person in my class at film school. Then things got weird.

Lately, the dreams have been evolving. Now instead of being a thirty-three year-old surrounded by teenagers, I'm a teenager again, and I'm back at MY old high school. This new set of dreams has been full of people I haven't thought about since 1988 (Randy Foley? Jesus, why not throw Kristine Kancianich in there, you know what I'm sayin'?), set to a depressingly standard late-80s soundtrack.

Anyone know anything about dreams? What repressed psychological issues am I repressing this time?

Copyright 2004 Rich Bowen

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?