Monday, July 05, 2004

 

Rooney eats it

Apparently, yesterday was Ferris Bueller day, not that that's a bad thing.

First, TBS showed FBDO a couple of times, as some sort of holiday event. I watched it, mainly to remind myself of why you shouldn't watch movies on Turner stations. "Level with me sporto, do you slip her the hot, wild affection?"

Then the Matthew Broderick remake of The Music Man was shown on the Wonderful World of Michael Eisner. Not bad--he seemed to basically be playing the 1930s equivalent of Ferris, using his diminutive charm to talk people into things.

Finally came this story on Yahoo that Jeffrey Jones--Edward Rooney, Dean Of Students--has been fined for failing to register as a sex offender. I have no comment on the charges against him.

Isn't it about time for a special edition FBDO DVD? Yes, the existing one has commentary, but come on! Deleted scenes, trailers, and--and I know this exists--the old German lady from the parade, performing a polka version of "Twist and Shout" on the Carson show.

Oh, it does too exist--I saw it. Just like I saw the soundtrack.

Copyright 2004 Rich Bowen

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?