Monday, July 26, 2004

 
Sunday, July 25, 2004, 2:00 PM: Principal shooting begins for the motion picture Working Stiff.

Sunday, July 25, 2004, 6:00 PM: Principal shooting wraps for the motion picture Working Stiff.

Every time we do a film, going all the way back to The Movie Geek Show, we make some easily avoidable blunders, usually owing to a lack of preproduction. Every time we make a note of that, and learn for next time. And while I'm about 80% happy with how this one went, it's still a learning experience:

--I NEED a second battery for the camcorder. We can't shoot using the AC power, since that corrupts the signal from the boom mic.
--I tried to use a makeshift bounce card to provide fill light, but I'm not sure how well that worked out. The natural light from the windows was great (I'm a big fan of source lighting), but I think a fill light would have helped. Yes, it would have been punishingly bright, but that's what apertures are for.
--Though I marked the shots in my shooting script, I should have broken it down even further and made a list of the shooting order, so that after each take I wouldn't have to go through the script and decide what to shoot next.

Despite all that, I feel happier with this than I have with any previous film we've made. It doesn't have as many stupid camera tricks as The Movie Geek Show credits, but I think it feels more like a real film. You guys rock.

Copyright 2004 Rich Bowen

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?