Friday, November 19, 2004

 
Anyone remember Tom Swifties?

Those just came back to me last night. When I was in Cub Scouts they were a regular thing in the jokes page of Boy's Life. For those who've never heard of them, they would be a quote, followed by an appropriate adverb:

"I just bought a new mirror," Tom said reflectively.

I hadn't thought about Tom Swifties in years, probably since I left Cub Scouts, until Shelemundo said something last night that made me think of them. Naturally, we spent hours after that thinking of them.

"My balls itch," Tom said testily.
"I can't drive a stick," Tom said automatically.
"Let's go hunt some elk," Tom said gamely.

You will bring me Tom Swifties now.


Copyright 2004 Rich Bowen

Comments:
From my friend Peter's blog:

Tom SwiftiesJack
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?