Sunday, November 27, 2005

 
So I'm trying to order a Christmas present for Le Shelswique on Amazon. I go to the American site, find what I'm looking for, I go to pay, they offer the option to pay with your checking account. Perfect.

Except that it only works for US accounts. The Canadian site doesn't offer that option, and in any case they don't have the item.

You find this a lot; you go to order something online, and the only way to pay is by credit card. What if you don't have a credit card? What if you simply don't want to have to pay interest? How fucking hard can it be to simply go to your bank account, pull out exactly the amount you need, and pay with that?

When I lived in the real world, I used to be able to use my Visa Debit for the same function. But banks here don't offer Visa Debit. Why not? "We have no plans to offer that service." But why not? "We have no plans to offer that service." You know it would be very convenient for your customers, right? "We have no plans to offer that service."

So there we go. Someone here in Canada, offer a simple way to make payments online using your bank account. Doesn't have to be anything fancy; just put up a Paypal link. Somebody make it happen.

Copyright 2004 Rich Bowen

Comments:
Hey B, give us a call we can help out w/ this one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?